Friday, January 20, 2006

Reflections

TGIF. It is Friday and I have had an extra busy week of job related tasks so i decied to take an extended lunch to Cookout to enjoy the clear skys and 65 degree weather in January. Both were better than I could have ever imagined. It felt like spring time which got me to thinking about all the wonderful spring days lounging around we experienced in our younger years.

A portion of our fan base consists of recent college graduates who will not get to experience the thrills of sitting mid-afternoon in the quad on a Sunny 70 degree late March/early April day. Coincidentally, this is about the same time when every guy realizes that the girls seem to be coming out of the woodwork with short skirts, tiny tanktops, etc etc. Where have they been hibernating all winter?? Ryan's room is rumored to be their migration territory. My advice to our younger audience is to enjoy it. Take your time, skip class, lay around, break out the spring attire, and enjoy it.

I know it is only January and going to become very chilly very soon but I realized on my slow drive back to the office that those experiences are only fond memories now. I am back at the office and staring out the window at this beautiful weather and only hope everyone out there gets to enjoy it. ohhh those wonderful spring days of sitting in the quad, on the stoops, (or on the bricks if you went to Farm U)............

1 Comments:

Blogger Colten Marble said...

I Hear Ya!! You had to throw a little jab there at the end though didn't you? I do miss those days when the weather started to turn warm and the ladies removed the large coats, scarfs, and winter hats to reveal what they were really made of. (They still kept those ugly ass boots though, but I can look past that) Those were the days that I spent the most time on campus but still missed just as much class!!!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home